Who can benefit from EMDR?
EMDR addresses the psychological and physical symptoms stemming from adverse life experiences. EMDR is not just for trauma; it is also utilized for performance enhancement.
What can EMDR help with?
- Resourcing: We will work to strengthen internal resources while soothing parts of you that feel limited. EMDR utilizes images, emotions, body sensations, and positive cognitions to increase feelings of calm, safety, and confidence.
- Resolving relationship difficulties: Attachment-focused EMDR works to repair unmet development needs (often called attachment wounding) when we have experienced an absence of care/neglect or abuse.
- Trauma recovery: While I often utilize EMDR for clients with big “T” trauma (e.g. a major car accident, assault), I also support clients with small “t” traumas (e.g. chronic or ongoing stressful conditions, such as interpersonal conflict, difficult parents, financial stress). One of the most overlooked aspects of small ‘t’ traumas is their accumulated effect. Multiple, compounded small ‘t’ traumas may lead to significant distress in the nervous system and trouble with emotional functioning.
Why an intensive instead of a normal 50-minute psychotherapy session?
EMDR intensives allow the opportunity to progress through your symptoms in a more succinct and focused way without the interruption of a 50-minute session. An intensive format may decrease overall treatment time because of time not spent on:
- checking in at the beginning of multiple sessions,
- addressing arising crises and concerns,
- focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after healing, or
- assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of multiple sessions.
If I’m already a weekly client, can I participate in an EMDR intensive?
Yes. EMDR intensives for current clients are available in modified formats and pricing.
If I already have a primary therapist, can I do an EMDR intensive as adjunct therapy?
Yes. Perhaps you’ve a felt sense that something profound has yet to change, but you’re not quite sure how to shift all the way into a new experience of yourself with your current therapist. Maybe you now cognitively understand new things, yet your body is still confused, so you’re curious about how adjunct EMDR intensive therapy can help. We will identify what format is best for you during your initial consultation.
When and where will we work together?
All EMDR work is done online, through a HIPAA compliant platform.
What is my investment?
Personalized EMDR intensives are half-day to multi-day programs that include a customized client workbook specific to your goals. Fees are based on your needs and program design, and are communicated ahead of time in accordance with the No Surprises Act. Typically, intensive therapy starts at $410 per hour, depending on your scheduling needs.
If you would like to learn more about EMDR Intensives, I offer a complimentary 15-minute consultation.
What can I expect to accomplish in a half-day intensive?
A half-day intensive offers a multitude of resources and can help to either increase performance and confidence, or significantly decrease the devastating effects of single event trauma (e.g. negative cognitions, disturbing emotions and body sensations). While significant healing can occur in one half-day intensive, Complex PTSD deserves more treatment than one half-day intensive. Many of my clients experiencing Complex PTSD may continue to work on their trauma histories through monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly half-day intensives.
What can I expect to accomplish in a 3-day weekday or weekend intensive?
Participating in a 3-day (weekday or weekend) EMDR intensive may create impactful change more efficiently than just one half-day intensive. We will identify what format is best for you during your initial consultation.
Can my insurance help pay for this program?
Yes. Many insurance companies reimburse a significant portion of the cost of psychotherapy. For insurance purposes, I am considered an out-of-network provider. It’s best to determine the exact details of your policy ahead of time, including what benefits are available regarding out-of-network providers and if your insurance will reimburse several hours of therapy in one day or one week. I will provide you with a Superbill for all direct contact therapy services included in the program.